Online tutoring can be a fantastic side hustle for you to make some great money without leaving the comfort of your own home. This can be great for teachers that don’t want to deal with the stress of putting up with children that don’t want to actually be at school and eliminate kids cutting up in class and all you need is a computer, headset, webcam, and a reliable internet connection. Here is a list of some of the best online tutoring jobs.
Education First- was founded in 1965 and is one of the oldest private language online tutoring schools. You should expect to make between $12-$20 an hour which is depending on experience. You are paid through PayPal monthly.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- Be a Native English speaker
- Have TEFL certification or higher
- Have a computer, fast internet connection, and headset
- Have great communication skills
- online background check required
VIPKID- offers international education to Chinese students between ages 4 to 12 and is based out of San Francisco and Beijing. it requires you to have a bachelor’s degree and you have the ability to make up to $22 an hour which you receive on the 10th and 15th of every month through direct deposits.
- basic information required
- Interviewed required
- introduction to teaching
- Require some training through a mock class
- Sign contract, upload documents and undergo a background check
- Become a full-fledged VIPKid teacher
QKIDS- is another great online tutoring company that gives Chinese students between the ages of 4 years and 12 years the ability to be taught by experienced English teachers that reside in Northern America and does not require you to know Chinese. Teachers get paid $8 for full lessons and $4 for standby lessons. Payments are on the 15th of every month. You also can receive a dollar bonus determined by reviewers and also $1 after you have done 15 lessons in a week.
- Eligible to work in the US or Canada
- Computer literacy and ability to take charge of an engaging learning environment
- Have teaching certifications preferably TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, and ESL
- Experience in teaching
- Have a college degree or be in the process of getting one
- Have a computer with an internet connection, and a headset
- You must put in 6 hours per week
SAYABC- is for children between the ages of 5 to 12 years. The company is headquartered in Beijing and is dedicated to teaching children English. The company is funded by Chinese investors based in China and the US and you have the opportunity to make up to $19 for classes that last 40 minutes. You can make up to $19 per class with a base pay of $15 and incentives included. Your pay arrives before the 15th of every month and this is done through a wire transfer.
- Be a native English speaker
- Have a computer with an internet connection and a headset
- bachelor’s degree is required or be in the final year of study
- Minimum of one-year teaching experience
- Hold certification in TEFL, TESOL, or other relevant qualifications.
PALFISH- If you have experience teaching kids with Palfish You get paid for chatting with users using the PalFish application in English. you are required to work at least 3.5 hours per week during Beijing peak hours which is Monday-Sunday 6pm-9pm, and Saturday-Sunday 9am-10pm Beijing time and you get paid up to $22 an hour with bonuses. You also receive $45 when you refer someone new.
- TEFL and TESOL certifications
- Experience in teaching
- Be a native English speaker from Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland, or New Zealand
- Online for at least 10 hours a week between 6 and 9 pm